[ NNSquad ] Resource List, Call For Working Group Participants

Greetings.  Well, now that traffic has calmed down a bit, and assuming
no serious objections, I'd like to call for some volunteers so we
can begin turning discussion into action.

Please let me know as soon as possible of your interest in any of
the following working groups:

1) Resource list.  We've seen a number of messages describing various
   existing tools for traffic monitoring and analysis.  While these
   are all likely to be most useful to the project on a short-term
   basis, it could be a valuable service to the community to set up a
   page describing these tools, how they can be used, the level of
   expertise best suited to using them, and so on.  If you're
   interested in helping to create such a resource, this is the
   working group for you.

2) End-user data collection software development.  This is the group
   for R&D related to purpose-built software/systems that will
   reside on end-user platforms (either standalone or integrated with
   other applications) to collect statistical and related data for
   the project.  Initial primary focus may be collection of SNMP
   data from interested users with SNMP-capable WAN routers or other
   equipment, but the group will work out the details on if/how
   SNMP data will be collected and used.

3) Transport/Server/Back-End.  Design of scalable, secure data
   transport virtual network and associated servers for data
   collection and back-end processing.  Data dissemination,
   analysis, and other related policy issues will likely be focused
   in this group for the time being.

I look forward to a flood of volunteers.  Please respond by direct
e-mail to me (and please don't CC the list).  Thanks.