[ NNSquad ] Re: Additional or differentiated services

Title: Additional or differentiated services

It’s one thing for George to state his opinions but he has no right to misrepresent what I’m saying. It’s also strange to see system in which the government protects carriers against market forces defended in the name of capitalism.

I’m the one advocating private property. This is not theory. When I was at Microsoft I made sure the people would own the networks in their own homes rather than having providers turn it into a service so they could charge for each PC every month.

We also need to remember that the carriers rights-of-way were taken from the communities and handed over the carriers. In the case of the phone company they were guaranteed a profit. Are you paid for their use of your property for the wires they string?

I’m the one advocating a market-based solution in which people own their own property. If you have a condo you have some property that is yours alone and some property that is shared with your neighbors. The facilities we use to do networking should be owned by the community in the same way rather than taken from the community and handed over to companies that then charge us to use our own facilities each and every month. And, worse, charge us based on the value of the content – value that others create.

I’m the one advocating a market-based approach in which we use our property and higher companies that we choose to maximize the value we get.

Slogans aren’t a substitute for reality.