[ NNSquad ] Three notable piracy-related items from TorrentFreak

Three notable piracy-related items from TorrentFreak

U.S. Copyright Czar Questioned On Domain Seizures (video + text):
http://j.mp/hzGFG5

Watch the U.S. Copyright Czar explain the critical importance to the
U.S. of taking down blogs, and of the wonderful safeguards in place to
prevent mistakes!

Fox DMCA Takedowns Order Google to Remove Fox DMCA Takedowns!
http://j.mp/hSVung

The music goes round and round and it comes out ... never.  I'd love
to be the lawyers with the billable hours on this recursive idiocy.

Piracy vs. Lost Sales
http://j.mp/fmgMWS

Does every pirated copy represent a lost sale?  Back in the heyday of
phone phreaking, which as you know I only, uh, have, uh, indirect
knowledge about, AT&T claimed that every phreaked call represented a
potential chargeable call lost.  But how many 18 year-olds were going
to pay $3/minute to call the "speaking clock" in Sydney from L.A.?  To
argue that every pirated music file or movie actually represents a
lost sale doesn't make sense.  This doesn't make piracy right, of course.

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google Buzz: http://j.mp/laurenbuzz
Quora: http://www.quora.com/Lauren-Weinstein