[ NNSquad ] Wireless carriers claim they're being victimized

Wireless carriers claim they're being victimized
http://j.mp/zJ5u0o  (This message on Google+)

 - - -

http://j.mp/AogDMi  (CNET)

   "Operators are under extreme pressures. If we are going to build the
    highways, there has to be a tax on the highways," Mittal said.

 - - -

Hello?  Is anybody in there?  To listen to these guys, you'd think we're
getting our Internet connections for free.  Maybe you do?  I sure as
hell don't.  I pay *plenty* for wired and wireless Internet access.
It hasn't been for pizzas.

What's going on is plain, old, ordinary G-R-E-E-D on the part of the
carriers.  They can spin until the clothes are dry but it doesn't
change the underlying facts.  What they really want is to get a piece
of the *content* side that they have nothing to do with producing in
most cases.  They don't like being just Telecom, they want to be
Hollywood, too.  And the way they want to do it is by using their
positions as gatekeepers to their own advantage.

And if they're going to use the "tax on the highways" analogy like
Mittal in this piece, they'd damn well better be prepared to be
fully *regulated* like the utilities they are.

Enough of their crocodile tears.  We won't be fooled again.