[ NNSquad ] Cybersecurity bills doomed without vote by July, says Lieberman

Cybersecurity bills doomed without vote by July, says Lieberman

http://j.mp/K60ha7  (Digital Trends)

  "The Cybersecurity Act of 2012 (CSA) will die if the Senate fails to
   bring the legislation up for a vote before July, said the bill's lead
   sponsor Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) in a speech to his colleagues on
   Tuesday. In a show of support for Lieberman, Senate Majority Leader
   Harry Reid (D-NV) said that he hopes to bring the bill up for a vote
   before the full Senate "as soon as possible."  "The truth is, if we
   don't take it up in July and see if we've got the votes we're not
   going to be able to pass this legislation in a way that's timely and
   allows us to go to conference, reach an agreement and send the bill to
   the president," said Lieberman."

 - - -

Given how flawed the current legislation is, this is taking the "glass
half full" point of view!  Sorry about that, Joe.