[ NNSquad ] A lesson in how innocents can be hurt through technological revenge

A lesson in how innocents can be hurt through technological revenge

"Tumblr user sorry for spying on new owners of his stolen laptop"

http://j.mp/15jzdDc  (Daily Dot)

     "As the story circulated, I [Dom Deltorto] started to receive
     messages from concerned individuals warning of privacy issues and
     the possible harm and distress the blog may cause the people in
     the photos," he admitted. "I hadn't really considered any of
     this, as I hadn't expected the story to get so much attention."
     "Then one of the people in the photos contacted me and asked me
     to remove the pictures. They were very upset. I could understand
     why."  Deltorto also stressed that the people in the photographs
     were not thieves and that, although he still misses his Macbook
     Pro, "[the] safety and well being of private individuals is more
     important than any possession."  In his second note, the animator
     pointed out that the Iranians, upset by the attention, insisted
     on returning the laptop. Though Deltorto appreciates the gesture,
     he didn't take them up on their offer.