[ NNSquad ] Fox Shuts Down Cory Doctorow's Homeland Book In Overzealous DMCA takedown

Fox Shuts Down Cory Doctorow's Homeland Book In Overzealous DMCA takedown

http://j.mp/11cL93T  (Techcrunch)

    TorrentFreak is reporting that links to Cory Doctorow's book,
    Homeland, are being shut down after a DMCA request by Fox. Why is
    Cory's Creative Commons licensed book that is available for free being
    attacked? It kind of sounds like it could be a copy of Homeland, the
    TV series, so they shut it down.  Homeland is available on multiple
    sites, including Doctorow's own, and is also available on some torrent
    sites. The takedown notice names a number of Fox's own properties,
    including Homeland, as well as ripped copies of Hitchcock, Life Of Pi,
    and It's Always Sunny In Philadelpia.  Apparently Cory himself replied
    to the DMCA takedown, saying to TorrentFreak: "I think you can safely
    say I'm incandescent with rage. BRING ME THE SEVERED HEAD OF RUPERT
    MURDOCH!"

 - - -

The imagery of that last sentence makes me thankful I didn't just eat
lunch.