[ NNSquad ] PCWorld: Twitter's new two-factor authentication sounds cool, but we can't get it to work

Twitter's new two-factor authentication sounds cool, but we can't get
it to work

http://j.mp/143JFZz  (PCWorld)

    "On Wednesday, Twitter unveiled a new two-factor authentication method
     for Android and iOS that allows you to authorize login requests to
     your Twitter account with just one tap, banishing the usual method of
     manually inputting security codes generated via an app or sent via
     text method. Just open up the Twitter app on your smartphone or
     tablet, authorize the login with one finger press, and you're done.
     Sounds great, right? There's only one problem: It simply didn't work
     in my tests, or my editor's-and Twitter's two-factor failure doesn't
     appear to be limited to our experience, either ... You can only have
     two-factor authentication set-up on one smartphone or tablet, so you
     have to decide which of your devices you have around with you most
     often. For most of us, this will be our smartphone."

 - - -

For the record, I have not yet tested nor fully analyzed Twitter's new
authentication system.

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein