[ NNSquad ] Brendan Eich Steps Down as Mozilla CEO

Brendan Eich Steps Down as Mozilla CEO

http://j.mp/1i4SV7b  (Mozilla)

    "Mozilla prides itself on being held to a different standard and, this
     past week, we didn't live up to it. We know why people are hurt and
     angry, and they are right: it's because we haven't stayed true to
     ourselves.

     We didn't act like you'd expect Mozilla to act. We didn't move
     fast enough to engage with people once the controversy started.
     We're sorry. We must do better.

     Brendan Eich has chosen to step down from his role as CEO. He's
     made this decision for Mozilla and our community.

     Mozilla believes both in equality and freedom of speech. Equality
     is necessary for meaningful speech. And you need free speech to
     fight for equality. Figuring out how to stand for both at the
     same time can be hard.

     Our organizational culture reflects diversity and inclusiveness
     ..."

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein