[ NNSquad ] Thanks Edward Snowden and Vladimir Putin for the laugh this morning!

Thanks Edward Snowden and Vladimir Putin for the laugh this morning!

I don't ordinarily post anything from Putin's Russian Government Owned
and Operated Propaganda Channel RT, but this exchange is so hilarious
that I'm breaking that rule today. Here we have Edward Snowden -- in
an obviously prearranged exchange -- asking Czar Putin himself about
Sovi... uh, Russia's surveillance practices. What's so funny isn't
actually the question -- it's the answer. Anyone familiar with the
history and current practices of Soviet Russian security and
intelligence services knows that their communications spying
apparatus -- and we're talking conversations not just metadata -- is not
only vast and without even a modicum of oversight, but reaches back to the
dawn of the USSR. In particular, their domestic surveillance
apparatus, based on both technology and massive human assets, and
directed toward domestic censorship and arrest of political
malcontents and dissidents, is without compare anywhere in the world,
except perhaps China. Thank you Edward Snowden and Vladimir Putin for
giving me a good laugh over my morning coffee!

https://plus.google.com/+LaurenWeinstein/posts/MoNAHSauYAY (Google+ / Video)

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein