[ NNSquad ] T-Mobile responds to FTC lawsuit

T-Mobile responds to FTC lawsuit

(T-Mobile): http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news/our-reaction-to-the-ftc-lawsuit.htm

     We have seen the complaint filed today by the FTC and find it to be
     unfounded and without merit.  In fact T-Mobile stopped billing for
     these Premium SMS services last year and launched a proactive program
     to provide full refunds for any customer that feels that they were
     charged for something they did not want.  T-Mobile is fighting harder
     than any of the carriers to change the way the wireless industry
     operates and we are disappointed that the FTC has chosen to file this
     action against the most pro-consumer company in the industry rather
     than the real bad actors.

     As the Un-carrier, we believe that customers should only pay for what
     they want and what they sign up for. We exited this business late last
     year, and announced an aggressive program to take care of customers
     and we are disappointed that the FTC has instead chosen to file this
     sensationalized legal action.  We are the first to take action for the
     consumer and I am calling for the entire industry to do the same.

     This is about doing what is right for consumers and we put in
     place procedures to protect our customers from unauthorized
     charges.  Unfortunately, not all of these third party providers
     acted responsibly -- an issue the entire industry faced.  We
     believe those providers should be held accountable, and the FCC's
     lawsuit seeking to hold T-Mobile responsible for their acts is
     not only factually and legally unfounded, but also misdirected.

                         -- John Legere, CEO of T-Mobile USA

 - - -

This does raise an interesting question -- what about AT&T and Verizon
and Sprint? Who is pushing this action against T-Mobile? Hmm.

I am a consultant to Google -- I speak only for myself, not for them.
Lauren's Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein