[ NNSquad ] How the Netflix ISP Speed Index Documents Netflix Congestion Problems

How the Netflix ISP Speed Index Documents Netflix Congestion Problems

(NetForecast [PDF]): http://www.netforecast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/NFR5117_How_the_Netflix_ISP_Speed_Index_Documents_Netflix_Congestion_Problems.pdf

   "As of this writing, a comedic YouTube video featuring Netflix ISP
    Speed Index data showing Netflix streaming quality deteriorating
    and then improving after Netflix and Comcast began to peer
    directly, has received more than 3.5 million views. This is a
    powerful example of media and public response to the Netflix ISP
    Speed Index data. But what does the data really mean? We thought
    it would be helpful to analyze Netflix service performance swings
    during the period under scrutiny using Netflix's own data, and
    place that data into context, as well as to analyze more generally
    how the Netflix ISP speed index works to understand all the
    factors that affect the index."

I am a consultant to Google -- I speak only for myself, not for them.
Lauren's Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein