[ NNSquad ] Google: Announcing Project Zero

Google: Announcing Project Zero

(Google): http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2014/07/announcing-project-zero.html

       "Project Zero is our contribution, to start the ball rolling.
	Our objective is to significantly reduce the number of people
	harmed by targeted attacks. We're hiring the best
	practically-minded security researchers and contributing 100%
	of their time toward improving security across the Internet
	...  We commit to doing our work transparently. Every bug we
	discover will be filed in an external database. We will only
	report bugs to the software's vendor -- and no third parties.
	Once the bug report becomes public (typically once a patch is
	available), you'll be able to monitor vendor time-to-fix
	performance, see any discussion about exploitability, and view
	historical exploits and crash traces. We also commit to
	sending bug reports to vendors in as close to real-time as
	possible, and to working with them to get fixes to users in a
	reasonable time."

I am a consultant to Google -- I speak only for myself, not for them.
Lauren's Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein