[ NNSquad ] Google+ Ends Its *Real Names* Policy!

Google+ Ends Its *Real Names* Policy!

(Google+): https://plus.google.com/+LaurenWeinstein/posts/LarsUv3e6Wx

    "When we launched Google+ over three years ago, we had a lot of
     restrictions on what name you could use on your profile. This helped
     create a community made up of real people, but it also excluded a
     number of people who wanted to be part of it without using their real
     names.

     Over the years, as Google+ grew and its community became established,
     we steadily opened up this policy, from allowing +Page owners to use
     any name of their choosing to letting YouTube users bring their
     usernames into Google+. Today, we are taking the last step: there are
     no more restrictions on what name you can use.

     We know you've been calling for this change for a while. We know that
     our names policy has been unclear, and this has led to some
     unnecessarily difficult experiences for some of our users. For this we
     apologize, and we hope that today's change is a step toward making
     Google+ the welcoming and inclusive place that we want it to be. Thank
     you for expressing your opinions so passionately, and thanks for
     continuing to make Google+ the thoughtful community that it is."

I am a consultant to Google -- I speak only for myself, not for them.
Lauren's Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein