[ NNSquad ] How Comcast became a powerful and controversial part of the Internet backbone

How Comcast became a powerful and controversial part of the Internet backbone

(Ars): http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/07/how-comcast-became-a-powerful-and-controversial-part-of-the-internet-backbone/

    "Barry Tishgart, the vice president of Comcast Wholesale network
     services, spoke with Ars recently about Comcast's infrastructure and
     its role in the peering and transit markets. He argued that Comcasts
     opponents are distorting the facts when they say Netflixs payment to
     Comcast was unprecedented and when they claim that Comcast shouldnt
     receive such payments because it doesnt operate a global network that
     connects to every part of the Internet."

 - - -

I don't recall seeing Comcast's network geographic map before.

I am a consultant to Google -- I speak only for myself, not for them.
Lauren's Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein