[ NNSquad ] Obama: I want the FCC to ban paid Internet fast lanes

Obama: I want the FCC to ban paid Internet fast lanes

(Ars): http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/10/obama-i-want-the-fcc-to-ban-paid-internet-fast-lanes/

    "There are a lot of aspects to net neutrality," Obama said in response
    to a question at an event hosted by Cross Campus in Santa Monica, CA.
    "I know one of the things people are most concerned about is paid
    prioritization, the notion that somehow, some folks can pay a little
    more money and get better service, more exclusive access to customers
    through the Internet. That's something I oppose. I was opposed to it
    when I ran; I continue to be opposed to it now."  Obama pointed out
    that the FCC is "an independent agency" but said he wants the
    commission to prevent paid prioritization.

I am a consultant to Google -- I speak only for myself, not for them.
Lauren's Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein