[ NNSquad ] dPacket.org, Request for Comments on FCC Hearing

NNSquaders,

I am the founder and Executive Director of dPacket.org (www.dpacket.org).  Lauren mentioned dPacket.org in a previous post.  First, I would like to provide a more formal introduction.  Secondly, I would like to invite you to get involved with dPacket.org today by leaving comments on yesterday’s FCC hearing.

dPacket.org is a San Francisco Bay Area based nonprofit corporation founded for education and scientific purposes to foster and support community interest and progress in deep packet inspection and processing (DPI/DPP). Our mission is to be the premier global resource for information and collaboration on DPI/DPP related topics.

 dPacket.org’s user-driven community welcomes individuals and organizations from many sectors including commerce, government, and education, and from diverse roles including executives, engineers, researchers, academia, consultants, analysts, policy-makers, interested citizens, and the media.

 Our Primary Objectives
1. Create a single and vast educational resource around DPI/DPP
2. Improve collaboration among stakeholders of DPI/DPP
3. Help drive collective community interest, understanding, and involvement in DPI

I started dPacket.org, a nonprofit (filing for 501c3) user-driven community, for educational and scientific purposes to bring awareness and collaboration around the comprehensive challenges that deep packet inspection presents-- technical, operational, ethical, and legal.  Part technical resource and part community forum, dPacket.org will foster and support community interest in DPI, and bring a much needed level of transparency to DPI-related topics.

January was our first month live, and the site traffic is impressive.  We are still working on bringing a collaborative community feel to the site.

We recently posted a link to the FCC hearing on Broadband Network Management Practices on our front page.  There is a  link in the same block for people to leave comments.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like more information on dPacket.org.

Sincerely,

Kyle Rosenthal

Executive Director, dPacket.org

(415) 508-5953