[ NNSquad ] FCC paths to Internet network management? (from IP)

From: David Farber <dave@farber.net>
To: "ip" <ip@v2.listbox.com>
Subject: [IP] the FCC and Comcast  - a query from your editor
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:35:28 -0500

I have heard endless suggestions that the FCC stop what many consider
improper network management practices by Comcast .. As a former Chief
Technologist of the FCC I have some understanding of the level of
technical competence and deapth at the FCC and some understanding of
the process they and the companies they regulate go through to enforce
regulations -- long and painful and often producing the opposite
results intended.

So lets get down to details. What exactly do you want to FCC to do
about network management. Details -- not just enforce NN -- that is a
motherhood statement. Details and then  maybe the conversation can get
meaningful.