[ NNSquad ] Administrivia: The Sound of Silence

Greetings.  Just in case anyone was wondering, the notable (and one
might suggest, somewhat relaxing) lack of messages on this list over
the last couple of days is not the result of technical problems or
rejected messages, but rather a sudden dearth of submissions.

My own sense is that after the last two messages encompassing a pair
of battling and highly emotional tirades (the authors of both
pleading against my better judgment to transmit them) the readership
is reacting much like the audience at the end of the opening number
of "Springtime for Hitler" from "The Producers" -- staring in frozen
silence with mouths hanging open.

I want to make this very clear -- that was the *last* time I will
permit such an exchange.  I thought it useful to illustrate the
depth of emotion involved in these issues -- but it will be a
one-time wonder if I have anything to say about it -- and I do.

Also, I want to be explicit that I will be decreasingly sensitive to
pleadings from *anyone* who feels that even though they've had *lots*
of messages posted, they're still being discriminated against in
terms of submission approvals -- and there are several of you out
there who make such complaints.  A look through the archives
demonstrates that all sides of these issues get more than sufficient
exposure.

Finally, I will no longer countenance any personal attacks on
*individuals* -- but individuals means *human beings* -- not
corporate entities or broad terms such as ISPs.  I will be the sole
arbiter of what constitutes a verboten attack.

Anyone who doesn't like these rules for the list is still welcome to
participate in the NNSquad Forum ( http://www.nnsquad.org/forum )
where much laxer standards apply, though personal attacks or posting
of illicit or illegal materials is still forbidden of course.

While there are some persons who ask me to moderate less (or not at
all!), the overwhelming sense I get from the readership is a desire
for even more rigorous moderation.  I agree with this latter
approach.