[ NNSquad ] Re: U.S. broadband adoption hits 7-year low

Lets not forget the current economic situation in the US.  Joe American
has less and less disposable income now that his petrol costs twice as
much while his dollar is worth 2/3 what it was only a few years ago.
The petrol increase alone on a modest 10 mile daily commute would be
enough to cover the cost of the network service.

There are the refusniks also.  I had a relatively intelligent individual
convey to me recently that a business contact asked for his email address,
to which he replied he had none, to the shock of the contact.  His
justification was "I want to support the government, so I will use a
stamp."  After I explained to him that a) the postal service was probably
losing money on those stamps due to the fuel cost increase and b) that the
internet started as a DARPA project, his attitude changed a bit, but
probably not enough to encourage him to join us all in the 21st century.

Enjoy,
Scott