[ NNSquad ] Re: H.R. 3458, Rep. Markey's third bill proposing to regulate the Internet and ISPs

Pardon the digression off-topic, but the ad hominem is just so much fun I
can't resist. If this sort of thing bores you, delete. Maybe we can get back
to something real in a little bit.

I frankly don't know all of people and organizations who sponsors ITIF, or
to what tune, since the issue of doing their bidding has never come up. From
what I've heard, we have sponsors on every side of the issue, so this notion
of coin-operated lobbying is pretty silly.

But it's jaw-droppingly amazing that Karr would complain about ITIF
redacting donor names when his employer does exactly the same thing. Their
990 is on-line, so go see for yourself:

http://www.freepress.net/files/FP_990_combined_Final.pdf

They have contributors writing checks for $500,000 or there abouts (some
even higher) identified only as "person" on the forms. I don't know that
many concerned citizens throwing around checks for such sums, so I'm going
to hazard a guess that some these "persons" have skin in the game.

There are people at Free Press who are capable or talking about issues, such
as Ben and Derek. Unfortunately, they aren't the ones we're hearing from
these days.

Richard Bennett

   [ OK, now Richard has had his say too, so this thread is closed for now.
     Anyone interested in following more on this can visit the
     associated organization sites directly.