[ NNSquad ] IPI Report: NN Makes Economic Sense (with rebuttal)

----- Forwarded message from David Farber <dave@farber.net> -----

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:08:12 -0500
From: David Farber <dave@farber.net>
Subject: [IP] IPI Report: NN Makes Economic Sense   read both parts
To: ip <ip@v2.listbox.com>

From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
Date: January 14, 2010 9:47:34 AM EST
To: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
Cc: seth.johnson@RealMeasures.dyndns.org, ecommerce@lists.essential.org, upd-discuss@lists.essential.org, A2K@lists.essential.org
Subject: Re: [A2k] Re: [Upd-discuss] IPI Report: NN Makes Economic Sense

    Very true.  However there has never been, nor will there ever
  be absolute economic efficiency or fairness.  As such a ballance
  must be sought that everyone can live with, a very difficult
  task to achieve and maintain.

These days, we have a lot of economic efficiency in production and
very little fairness.  As a result, lots of production goes into
activities that are harmful in the long term, and most of the world's
people get no benefit from all the production.

Clearly we need increased concern with fairness.