[ NNSquad ] Google Discontinues "SearchWiki" in Favor of "Starred Results"

Google Discontinues "SearchWiki" in Favor of "Starred Results"

http://bit.ly/9CFysi  (Official Google Blog)

The new "star" feature does seem like a much simpler and generally
more effective approach.  But I did have some fun with SearchWiki.

Shortly after SearchWiki was announced, I blogged:

"Sending Secret Messages Via Google's SearchWiki System":

http://bit.ly/c1HmJU  (Lauren's Blog)

This quickly resulted in the string: "orthogonal terwilliger
accordion" rising to a high level as a Google "trending topic" for a
brief period, and apparently caused a lot of head-scratching among
some observers.