From: dewayne-net [mailto:dewayne-net@warpspeed.com] On Behalf Of Dewayne
Hendricks
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 05:02
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] Verizon to FCC: Let Us Retire Copper

Verizon to FCC: Let Us Retire Copper

In meetings at the Federal Communications Commission, Verizon offers
arguments for why the FCC should allow the retirement of duplicative copper
facilities following the deployment of all-fiber networks. Verizon explained
proposals to prohibit retirement of duplicative copper facilities would harm
the business case for investment in fiber.

<http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view?id=7020393147>

Courtesy of the Benton Foundation <http://www.benton.org>RSS Feed:
<http://www.warpspeed.com/wordpress>