[ NNSquad ] Re: [IP] Expensive malware appears for Microsoft's Windows Mobile -- Be very afraid of those who want to make you afraid

I'm suspicious when I read "iPhone security features deter malware". A
"dumb" phone does an even better job. Note that Android lets you decide
whether to give an application access to the ability to place a call.

Isn't the bigger malware the telecom industry which aids and abets such
artificial charges that consume essentially no resources? An industry that
creates $18,000 in charges because you didn't pay $50 for protection (the
data plan)? This is the very same "attack" using modems years ago. And did
we ban the use of modems? Is it worse than Verizon Wireless' bogus "premium
services" (http://rmf.vc/?n=VZ900x)?

Should we also ban astrology applications because they can lead to foolish
behavior?

Once again we are being scared into accepting paternalistic dependence (and
the associated billable events) in order to avoid synthetic harm. In the
same way we accept wireless scarcity by handing over control of our ability
to communicate to the very companies whose policies and architectures have
created the problem. How many times has the company that purchased ATT's
identity offered to protect us from identity theft?

Imagine if the same policies were applied to the original Mac and third
parties couldn't extend the platform it to support crude multitasking.

Instead of seeing smart phones as fount of innovation we are limiting them
to only applications that aren't disruptive lest they surprise us and thus
assuring they are less likely to delight us.

Let's not let fear define the future! Sure we need to be wary.