[ NNSquad ] Re: Sen. Franken to the Netroots: Only You Can Stop the Corporate Takeover of Free Speech

Franken's remarks stand the First Amendment on its head. The First Amendment protects the citizens from violations of our speech rights by the government, while net neutrality laws are attempts to have the government limit the services and business models of a group of companies. If there is any connection between the First Amendment and net neutrality laws, it goes the other direction. Net neutrality would limit the ability of the citizens to make effective use of broadband networks for voice and video communication. reserving good Quality of Service opportunities to companies who can afford to build or use Content Delivery Networks.

This speech sounds like a comedy routine because it's so disconnected from the facts.

RB