From: nnsquad-bounces+nnsquad=bobf.frankston.com@nnsquad.org
[mailto:nnsquad-bounces+nnsquad=bobf.frankston.com@nnsquad.org] On Behalf Of
Rollie Cole
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 09:44
To: nnsquad@nnsquad.org
Subject: [ NNSquad ] Is a CDN Non-Neutral?

Is a CDN Non-Neutral?

If a local network operator offers to "rent space" on a local server on a
non-discriminatory basis to all content providers, and only some of them
accept the offer, so that content gets to end-users much faster than content
located outside the local network, is the network non-neutral?

    [ The key concept is "non-discriminatory."  Edge-caching per se need not
be discriminatory, so need not be non-neutral.

Rollie Cole
5315 Washington Blvd
Indianapolis, IN 46220-3062
317-727-8940