[ NNSquad ] Re: QoS vs. Neutrality -- the crux of the matter -- why the attraction and where's the network?

I fail to see where this is an assumption.  If a mechanic were posting telling you oil was necessary for a car no one would argue with him.  Does anyone on this list currently work for a carrier?  If so please correct me if I'm wrong.  I never said I was an expert but I've been doing this for a while.  I never said that the evil things that can be done with QOS are all necessary, just that some of the basic services on the internet rely on it.  If you start advocating that all ISP's must give up diffserv QOS you will only look ignorant and uninformed.  I was just trying to add value to a list that I've been reading for some time now.  I still maintain that QOS is not the enemy, just another knob that can be exploited by the greedy.