[ NNSquad ] Excerpts From My "Coast to Coast AM" Internet Issues Interview Last Night

   Excerpts From My "Coast to Coast AM" Internet Issues Interview Last Night

                http://lauren.vortex.com/archive/000760.html

Greetings.  A number of persons asked if I could provide some excerpts
from my two hour "Coast to Coast AM" interview last night regarding
Google, privacy, Craigslist, "Do Not Track" -- and various other
Internet-related issues of potential interest (I "warned" that this
show was upcoming in a posting a couple of days ago:
http://bit.ly/aQIfL0 [Lauren's Blog] ).

I've selected about 20 minutes of material from the interview, split
into two parts as audio-only YouTube presentations.  I've also
provided direct links below to the associated audio for each main
topic area that was discussed (these topic links are as accurate as
possible but may not be exact due to playback timing variations).

Please keep in mind that the interview was conducted live between
Midnight and 2 AM Los Angeles time.  I figure if I can manage a few
somewhat coherent statements at that hour the show probably went
pretty well.

Part 1 Complete: http://bit.ly/c6fw7j

Part 2 Complete: http://bit.ly/dwAetU

Topics:

Google engineer's alleged spying on Google user data ("Barksdale" case):
http://bit.ly/aC305k

"Zombie" Cookies:
http://bit.ly/cmpZhy

Thoughts on the proposed "Do Not Track" list:
http://bit.ly/ccTTRx

Future of the pervasive Internet and associated policy issues:
http://bit.ly/a589GK

Can the entire Internet crash? (and reliability concerns):
http://bit.ly/a917uO

Craigslist and the "Adult Services" controversy:
http://bit.ly/a9xO33

The importance of transparency:
http://bit.ly/b08gOc

The potential of wireless spectrum "White Spaces":
http://bit.ly/cpKvma

The politicizing of technology issues:
http://bit.ly/c5VMW5

Closing:
http://bit.ly/9Ln1sm

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein (lauren@vortex.com)
http://www.vortex.com/lauren
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800
Co-Founder, PFIR (People For Internet Responsibility): http://www.pfir.org
Co-Founder, NNSquad (Network Neutrality Squad): http://www.nnsquad.org
Founder, GCTIP (Global Coalition for Transparent Internet Performance):
   http://www.gctip.org
Founder, PRIVACY Forum: http://www.vortex.com
Member, ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy
Google Buzz: http://bit.ly/lauren-buzz