[ NNSquad ] Re: UK ISPs openly support traffic discrimination

----- Forwarded message from Jim Guyton <jim@guytons.net> -----

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 13:05:48 -0600
From: Jim Guyton <jim@guytons.net>
Subject: Re: [ NNSquad ]  UK ISPs openly support traffic discrimination

> "If we have a blocking policy customers don't like they vote with their feet, they move," he added.

If I subscribe to a TV provider, the channel listing is clear (other than blocked sports games).
If I subscribe to an ISP, the policies are often hidden, denied or disguised.

-- Jim

  [ A pertinent issue.  How is the average Internet user to know if poor
    performance on their connection is the result of hardware failures,
    oversubscription, paid services bias by their ISP, or ...?

----- End forwarded message -----