[ NNSquad ] UMA vs. IMS

As long as we've gotten into another alphabet soup, minor thread here
regarding UMA, I would be remiss not to mention the ongoing
controversies regarding UMA (non-SIP, termed "old" tech) vs. IMS (part
of the 3GPP VCC - Voice Call Continuity effort) - see:
http://bit.ly/faY1Wv (TMCnet)

In fact, even as late as mid-2010, I was seeing supposedly
well-informed sources claiming that T-Mobile would not be deploying
UMA on their newer Android devices, a claim that has now been
proven incorrect.