[ NNSquad ] No Virginia, hackers can't cause Hoover Dam flood

No Virginia, hackers can't cause Hoover Dam flood

http://bit.ly/hoHwuY  (Wired)

   "We are very concerned about an electronic control system that could
    cause the floodgates to come open at the Hoover Dam and kill thousands
    of people in the process," said Brandon Milhorn, staff director of the
    Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. "That's a
    significant concern."

   "I'd like to point out that this is not a factual example because
    Hoover Dam and important facilities like it are not connected to the
    internet," [said] Peter Soeth, a spokesman for the bureau."

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google Buzz: http://bit.ly/lauren-buzz
Quora: http://www.quora.com/Lauren-Weinstein