[ NNSquad ] Google Confronting Spain's "Right To Be Forgotten"

Google Confronting Spain's "Right To Be Forgotten"

http://j.mp/ialuGA  (Search Engine Land)

I can't even really *begin* to explain here in a few words why this
entire concept is so incredibly inane.  I've hit on this theme various
times before in my discussions related to "right of reply" concepts
for search engine results, but the idea of effectively removing
results in this manner is nothing short of ludicrous -- and the
negative collateral impact on other searches is likely to be
very significant as well.

Claiming that such a "right to be forgotten" makes any kind of logical
sense in a global Internet environment is about as reasonable as
arguing that killing innocent bulls in a horrendous, bloody spectacle
before cheering crowds is an art form.

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google Buzz: http://j.mp/laurenbuzz
Quora: http://www.quora.com/Lauren-Weinstein