[ NNSquad ] Foggy thinking about the Right to Oblivion

Foggy thinking about the Right to Oblivion

http://j.mp/eQ03ud  (Peter Fleischer: Privacy...?)

     Privacy as a justification for censorship now crops up in several
     different, but related, debates: le droit a l'oubli, the idea that
     content (especially user-generated content on social networking
     services) should auto-expire, the idea that data collection by
     companies should not be retained for longer than necessary, the idea
     that computers should be programmed to "forget" just like the human
     brain. All these are movements to censor content in the name of
     privacy.

 - - -

As you might guess from my previous comments on this topic, I am
essentially in 100% agreement with Peter's sentiments on this issue.

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google Buzz: http://j.mp/laurenbuzz
Quora: http://www.quora.com/Lauren-Weinstein