[ NNSquad ] AT&T charging wireless users for uncompleted calls

AT&T charging wireless users for uncompleted calls

http://j.mp/epcknw  (Wired)

As I recall, this charging after 30 seconds concept goes all the way
back to the early days of cellular mobile.  I hadn't looked into it
for quite a while, and I don't know offhand how the various carriers
are now handling incoming calls (that are actually ringing the phone)
and outgoing calls -- that are not answered within relatively short
intervals.

What's really interesting is that we're still talking about
rounded-up minutes for charging purposes, in an age of
nanosecond accuracy.