Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 15:16:02 -0700
From: George Ou <george_ou@lanarchitect.net>
Subject: RE: [ NNSquad ] California Bill Would Give Parents Access To Kids'
	Facebook Pages
To: 'Lauren Weinstein' <privacy@vortex.com>, nnsquad@nnsquad.org

This first comment in the article quoted below pretty much sums up my
opinion on this.

Monica Van Leer . Rutgers
"I have no control over my child, so give me control of their Facebook
account." Either don't let   your kid have an account, or talk to your kid
about having an account. Either way be a parent not a friend.

Parents should stop relying on the state and do their jobs.  You can control
how and where your child accesses the Internet.  I think some privacy should
be respected so long as everything else (academics and overall behavior) is
in line.  But this should be up to the individual parent on how to manage
this and not up to the state.

George