[ NNSquad ] AOL Hell: An AOL Content Slave Speaks Out

AOL Hell: An AOL Content Slave Speaks Out
http://j.mp/lVwaPK  (This message in Google Buzz)

 - - -

http://j.mp/kqr7Ik  ("Faster Times" Article)

     "But this was part of the problem. We - by which I mean me and my
      fellow employees - were all so grateful. Which allowed us to ignore -
      or willfully overlook - certain problems. Such as the fact that AOL
      editors forced us to work relentless hours. Or the fact that we were
      paid to lie, actually instructed to lie by our bosses."

 - - -

An enlightening article that provides a textbook illustration of a major
firm's "rush to the bottom" of quality and ethics, and a rush to be a
leader when it comes to treating writers like slime.

Also be sure to revisit the leaked AOL Master Plan from February:
"The AOL Way" ( http://j.mp/jXKBGn [Business Insider] ).

I'm afraid this all helps to put the coupling of AOL and Huffington
Post into all too clear an understandable focus.

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google Buzz: http://j.mp/laurenbuzz