[ NNSquad ] BART cuts cell phone service -- could have *created* a disaster

BART cuts cell phone service -- could have *created* a disaster

http://j.mp/nPCTMO  (Bay Citizen)

    "BART police Lieut. Andy Alkire told Bay City News that while it was
     unusual to kill cell phone service, it was "a great tool to utilize
     for this specific purpose" with the agency facing a potentially
     volatile situation."

 - - -

A great tool? Excuse me? Imagine if a doctor had failed to get a
critical phone call thanks to such an arbitrary and unilateral action?
The range of ways that purposely cutting off cell service could have
created a disaster is enormous. I'd really like to know the chain of
command authority that resulted in this action. I'm sure I'm not the
only one.

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren