[ NNSquad ] Android Prototype of Serval Mesh Comm Network Available

Android Prototype of Serval Mesh Comm Network Available

http://j.mp/pcfZtF  (serval)

    "Communicate anywhere, any time without infrastructure, without mobile
     towers, without satellites, without wifi hotspots, and without
     carriers. Use existing off-the-shelf mobile cell phone handsets. Use
     your existing mobile phone number wherever you go, and never pay
     roaming charges again."

 - -

http://j.mp/pxVuNb  (Android Market)

   "Mobile communications are useful, but depend on infrastructure that
    can be damaged, overwhelmed, or even absent. So we assumed zero
    infrastructure, and came up with this; just the phones talking to each
    other, relaying calls, and resolving numbers for each other; a
    cellular commons using our unique Serval Mesh telephony software. We
    have developed mesh software that uniquely allows you to use your
    existing phone number."

 - - -

I have installed this app, but have not had an opportunity to test it yet.
I'd appreciate feedback from folks who have actually had it in
operation.  Thanks.

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren