[ NNSquad ] John McCarthy, creator of Lisp and AI pioneer, dies at 84

John McCarthy, creator of Lisp and AI pioneer, dies at 84

http://j.mp/sR3L9e  (TechCrunch)

    "The creator of Lisp and arguably the father of modern artificial
     intelligence, John McCarthy, died today. He studied mathematics with
     the famous John Nash at Princeton and, notably, held the first
     "computer-chess" match between scientists in the US and the USSR. He
     transmitted the moves by telegraph."

 - - -

There's so much I could say about John, but I really don't feel up to
saying it now. Another terrible loss.

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren