[ NNSquad ] Sneaky Mobile Ads Invade Android Phones

Sneaky Mobile Ads Invade Android Phones

http://j.mp/tZ2geg  (PC World)

   "Are you wondering how that mysterious icon ended up on your Android
    phone's start screen? Annoyed at the ads clogging your notification
    bar? You aren't alone. Thousands of Android apps now include software
    that shoves marketing icons onto your phone's start screen or pushes
    advertising into your notification bar--and many of the apps give you
    no warning about the ad invasion.  Many of these ads come from mobile
    marketing firms such as AirPush, Appenda, LeadBolt, Moolah Media, and
    StartApp."

 - - -

I have no objections to honest, polite, and discreet (and discrete!)
in-app ads.  They help to keep many great apps free.  On the other
hand, any app that tries to sneak ads onto my Android home screens or
notification areas without having fully and obviously disclosed that
fact beforehand, will incur my unbridled wrath.

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren