[ NNSquad ] Verizon says they're not blocking Google Wallet - but you can't use it either

Verizon says they're not blocking Google Wallet - but you can't use it either

http://j.mp/uXbP6a  (Verizon)

   "Recent reports that Verizon is blocking Google Wallet on our devices
    are false. Verizon does not block applications.  Google Wallet is
    different from other widely-available m-commerce services. Google
    Wallet does not simply access the operating system and basic hardware
    of our phones like thousands of other applications. Instead, in order
    to work as architected by Google, Google Wallet needs to be integrated
    into a new, secure and proprietary hardware element in our phones.  We
    are continuing our commercial discussions with Google on this issue."

 - - -

There are reports that AT&T is taking a similar stance.

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren