From: nnsquad-bounces+george_ou=lanarchitect.net@nnsquad.org
[mailto:nnsquad-bounces+george_ou=lanarchitect.net@nnsquad.org] On Behalf Of
Lauren Weinstein
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 8:54 PM
To: nnsquad@nnsquad.org
Subject: [ NNSquad ] CNET backs down on Nmap bundling

CNET backs down on Nmap bundling

http://j.mp/skt3i8  (CNET)

   "Some press surfaced yesterday about how we're bundling advertising
    offers with an open source software called Nmap. The bundling of this
    software was a mistake on our part and we apologize to the user and
    developer communities for the unrest it caused. In addition to
    immediately taking Nmap out of the download manager, we reviewed all
    open source files in our catalog to ensure none are being bundled. It
    is a Download.com policy not to bundle open source software and we
    will continue to take pains to ensure this does not happen again."

 - - -

"Oops!"