[ NNSquad ] Racism: Yet another feature of ICANN's gTLD expansion scheme

Racism: Yet another feature of ICANN's gTLD expansion scheme
http://j.mp/uqUGft  (This message on Google+)

 - - -

Yesterday we met "Candy" -- the obvious sleazy face of ICANN's gTLD
(generic top-level domains) extortionist expansion scheme, as
exemplified by the premiere poster child for ICANN's domain-industrial
complex enrichment plans -- the .XXX (dot-ex-ex-ex) protection racket
cesspool: http://j.mp/v0mneM (Google+)

Today, let's explore another aspect of .XXX marketing -- racism.

In this commercial promoting .XXX (which has apparently been appearing
on broadcast television in various forms), we see yet another proof
that no matter how deep you thought the barrel might be, there's
always more muck further down, ready to fly in your face.  But hey,
it's just a bit of gangbanger racist stereotyping in the name
of "1% domainer" marketing, right?  What's the matter with racism
for the almighty dollar?  Hmm?

http://j.mp/u63Nf0  (YouTube)

Just in case there was any question in your mind about the related
references in this video, the internal name for the clip on the
original source site included the string "_crips_" ...

And for the sake of family audiences in the readership, I will refrain
from showing you another video from the same batch, which (seriously)
includes the string "_sheep_" ...

Between ICANN's hell-bent process to turn the DNS into a dangerous and
enormously wasteful laughingstock, and SOPA/PIPA preparing to morph
DNS into a global censorship and thought control mechanism, it's more
obvious than ever that we need widely and easily adoptable
alternatives -- starting right now!

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren