[ NNSquad ] Psychologist goes ballistic when Google "blocks" his infected site

Psychologist goes ballistic when Google "blocks" his infected site

 - - -

Readers and Experts Weigh In on a Site Owner vs. Google

http://j.mp/zHdNyC  (New York Times)

    Most commenters thought Dr. Epstein was too quick to shoot the
    messenger, in this case Google. "You need to stop getting hacked,
    rather than blame Google for pointing out that you run an insecure and
    potentially malicious site," one person wrote. "It may seem unfair,"
    said another, "but if you are going to run a Web site on the Internet
    you absolutely must ensure the security and integrity of the content
    on the site. This is not the responsibility of Google, Yahoo, Yandex,
    Baidu or any other service."

Reference: "One Man's Fight With Google Over a Security Warning"
http://j.mp/xUmvpE  (New York Times)

 - - -

Just as a point of reference, over the years, many people have
contacted me about security warnings or site delistings on Google,
associated with Google claiming the associated sites were infected.
In most cases, the site owners denied that this could be possible.

In *every single case* that I looked into, Google was correct in their
analysis and had properly acted to protect the public from easy
infestation.

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren