[ NNSquad ] BBC: Why didn't Harry Potter just use Google?

Why didn't Harry Potter just use Google?

http://j.mp/A3I5pT  (BBC)

   "As so often, however, our sense of living in an age which is
    particularly vulnerable to being overwhelmed by too much
    information turns out to be misplaced.  Even before the invention
    of the printing press - when the distribution of information
    depended upon teams of scribes working with pen and ink in
    monastery libraries - the fear of too much to know, too much
    material too widely and swiftly disseminated, was already
    threatening to overwhelm our orderly sense of understanding."

 - - -

My sense is that the question isn't really what do we want to forget
per se, but rather what do we find useful, important, and
entertaining, both as individuals and as societies. Information that
seems unimportant today may turn out to be very useful tomorrow in
light of changed circumstances and evolving technologies. So this does
seem to be much more a question of responsibly organizing and
prioritizing knowledge (obviously in concert with appropriate privacy
principles) on both micro and macro levels, rather than forgetting it.

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren