[ NNSquad ] Google will protest SOPA on its home page

Google will protest SOPA on its home page

http://j.mp/xSQGDi  (CNET)

    "Like many businesses, entrepreneurs, and Web users, we oppose these
     bills because there are smart, targeted ways to shut down foreign
     rogue Web sites without asking American companies to censor the
     Internet," a Google representative said. "So tomorrow we will be
     joining many other tech companies to highlight this issue on our U.S.
     home page."
     The past weekend will likely long be remembered as a turning point in
     the debate over how to fight online piracy in the United States.
     Supporters of SOPA and PIPA once could boast of wide bipartisan
     support, but the proposals suffered a series of blows starting
     Thursday, when the Senate leaders decided to eliminate an important
     provision in PIPA.  By Friday, both houses of Congress had eliminated
     a requirement in each bill that would have compelled U.S. Internet
     service providers to cut off access to foreign sites accused of
     piracy.

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren