[ NNSquad ] Google: Let's Make TCP Faster

Google: Let's Make TCP Faster

http://j.mp/Af4pgb (Google Code Blog)

   "Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), the workhorse of the Internet, is
    designed to deliver all the Web's content and operate over a huge
    range of network types. To deliver content effectively, Web browsers
    typically open several dozen parallel TCP connections ahead of making
    actual requests. This strategy overcomes inherent TCP limitations but
    results in high latency in many situations and is not scalable.  Our
    research shows that the key to reducing latency is saving round trips.
    We're experimenting with several improvements to TCP. Here's a summary
    of some of our recommendations to make TCP faster ..."

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren