[ NNSquad ] One quick clarification on Google Privacy Policy Changes

One quick clarification on Google Privacy Policy Changes

to my original posting this morning at:

http://j.mp/yPZ27Y  (Lauren's Blog)

My focus in that piece was on what is changing between the current
large group of Google privacy policies, and the upcoming far smaller,
consolidated privacy policy set -- as I understand them.  I did not
intend that piece to be a comprehensive discussion of the details of
those policies (something I suspect most of you would have quickly
tired of reading if I had offered it).

In particular, I more precisely should have said (and I have now
updated the text to clarify) that I've been told the new policies and
terms of service do *not* represent a change in the handling of
third-party site data (e.g. Google Analytics and DoubleClick) from
the currently existing policies.

For details about this aspect or any of the other policies now or in
their new incarnation, please refer directly to those policies, not
only to my summary discussions, of course.

Thanks.

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren