[ NNSquad ] Washington Post tries to defend their atrocious reporting regarding invention of email

Washington Post tries to defend their atrocious reporting regarding
invention of email
http://j.mp/xFhDlg  (This message on Google+)

 - - -

You may recall my recent posting about "The man who did NOT invent email":

http://j.mp/w0AA3W  (Google+)

Apropos this topic, you might be amused (in a sick kind of way) by:

http://j.mp/wY0GGe  (Washington Post)

In this piece, the Washington Post's Ombudsman makes one of the lamest
set of excuses for bad reporting that I've ever seen.  Anywhere.  He
attacks the critics of the Post's story, and even throws in a snarky
comment about Al Gore (who, as we know, *never* actually claimed to
have "invented" the Internet).  It's obvious that the cutbacks at the
Post are having a real and serious negative effect on the quality of
their journalism, and Pexton is acting not as a true Ombudsman, but
rather as a pitiful "whiner in chief."

Some other relevant reactions to this story:

V.A. Shiva Ayyadurai: Bogus Inventor of e-mail:

http://j.mp/wsebs9  (Dave Farber's IP List)

http://j.mp/wSNwHK  (Dave Farber's IP List)

Statement from the National Museum of American History: Collection of
Materials from V.A. Shiva Ayyudurai

http://j.mp/zTlBMD  (National Museum of American History)

 - - -

No matter how you slice it, the National Museum of American History
and the media who bought into Ayyudurai's story were grandly and
embarrassingly snookered.